Tuesday, June 28, 2011

41 Weeks

It took three straight hours of grunt work to get Madeline to sleep tonight.  She would not lie still.  She would not take her bottle.  She would not cuddle.  She would not rock.  She would not let me leave the room.  Most of all...she would not sleep.  

In the end, I let her cry herself out.  When I last went in her room, she was curled up on her side whimpering to herself as she fell asleep.

I feel like a terrible Mumma.

Madeline doesn't feel good.  Plus, she has a tooth coming in.  Plus, her schedule has been totally flipped upside down.  Madeline is having a rough week.  

That about sums up week 41.

3 comments:

  1. But she's still too cute for words! I want to pinch her cheeks...not hard...just a love pinch. If you object to that maybe I can pinch yours instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all having a tough week - baby Leo wouldn't even think about sleep on my end. Three more days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha- Amy. She is super cute. You can pinch her cheeks, mine, or both. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete