Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Random Thoughts of a Cranky Pants

1. Even though I am not carrying a bowling ball around in my uterus this summer, heat still makes me cranky.  It makes Madeline cranky too.

2. Madeline is wide awake and yelling in her crib right now, and Eric has been out of the house every night this week.  I'll be right back...

3. What's with those baby hairs on the back of your leg that never. go. away?!?  I passed a razor up and down my leg about twenty million times this morning, and they are STILL there.

4. We had more severe weather this afternoon.  (There were tornadoes on the other side of the state last week.  We do not get tornadoes in Massachusetts very often.  Blizzards? Yes.)  This time, I decided to move my storm shelter from our bathroom to our laundry room because, in the laundry room, at least there are snacks. And by snacks, I mean a bottle of apple juice and some cans of beans.  We had some lightning and wind for about ten minutes.  Storm shelter remains unused!  

5.  From now on I'm going to mash bananas in everything Madeline eats.  If it has a banana in it, she will eat it.  Then she will not poop for five days in a row, but at least she's eating.

6.  One, grown men should not be riding on clown-sized bicycles. (Unless you actually are a clown, which he was not.)  Two,  he should certainly not be riding on a clown-sized bicycle without breaks through downtown during rush hour.  Third,  he should not shoot me dirty looks and then hop a fence(?) whilst carrying his bicycle.  Four, it's time to move to the suburbs.

7. I just spent the last twenty minutes in Madeline's room listening to her rant on about what I assume were her thoughts on how to fix the economy.  I'm not fluent in Maddie Bear yet.  I try not to engage my daughter in conversation before bedtime, but it's so hard not to want to play with her when she smiles up at me and tugs my hand closer to her belly.  Good Lord, my baby is cuu-ute.

8. I think the movie White Men Can't Jump is making a comeback because I've had several separate students bring it up in the past week.  I had one student ask me if it was true.

9.  My overly cute baby is still crying overly loud.  La sigh.

P.S. They reset the numbers over at Top Baby Blogs today.  I made it all the way up to 53 and I was psyched!  Please give us a vote if you enjoy us.  Maybe we can make it to the top page for two minutes before all the popular blogs start getting votes :)

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. Umm I've given up on Top Baby Blogs! I now can't find my blog on there so I think I will just be full time awesome on my own.

    I'm still curious as to why a man was riding a clown bike...the mind truly does boggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty full time awesome, Cara!

    ReplyDelete