Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Why Eric Wins at Life

I've apparently gone on a cooking strike because my plans for dinner so far this week have amounted to, "Meh, how bout peanut butter and jelly??  Oh, we're out of bread?  Well, fend for yourself then."

Luckily, Eric, true provider that he is, has taken it upon himself to pick up the slack and make us some home-cooked meals.  Looks like Madeline won't have to eat Cheez-Its for dinner after all!  Hizzahh!  

Then, after dinner last night I decided to at least get some laundry done.  There was a clump of lint stuck in the dryer after I pulled out the lint trap, so I used a pencil to try and fish it out of the narrow crevice.  Two minutes later, I sheepishly approached Eric to tell him that I had lost a pencil in the dryer.

There was a very small sigh, but no real complaint as he got to work trying to remedy the situation.  He didn't even ask how I had managed such a thing.  I have a tendency to cause disaster wherever I lurk.  Soon enough, he managed to get the pencil out using a bent coat hanger and some scotch tape.  I think Eric may secretly be watching old MacGyver episodes when I fall asleep on the couch at night.

Finally, Eric capped off the evening by reading Madeline some stories in spite of the fact she's suddenly turned into a moody thirteen-year-old girl who yells at us for no apparent reason every few minutes.


Eric should teach a class on how to manage unruly redheads.  He's pretty good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment