Friday, October 4, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 28 Weeks

How far along? 28 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  18 pounds!  Woof!  I look in the mirror and think, "Meh, I haven't gotten that big."  Then I step on the scale and cry.  Not only have I gotten that big...I've gotten bigger.  I hold up pants that would fit Oprah only to find that they fit me too.  They're even a little snug around the bum.  Baby Center tells me that I can expect to gain about 11 more pounds during the third trimester.  Awesome.  

Maternity Clothes: A coworker gave me a box of her old maternity clothing and I'm in heaven.  I now have the comfiest, stretchiest sweats in the world.  If only it were socially acceptable to wear them to work...sigh.  I also own a mysterious pair of jeans that fit me better now than they did when I wasn't pregnant.  I can still button them.  They're like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants pants. 


Sleep: Rolling over in the night takes quite some effort, but I'm still sleeping pretty well. 

Best Moments this Week: Hearing baby girl's heartbeat at my doctor's appointment. 

Movement: Last night, she was wiggling so much that Eric was seriously grossed out watching my stomach roll around.  Today she is quiet, and I am paranoid again, but I'm sure she's just waiting for the sun to go down.  Mumma's little night owl. 

Food Cravings:  Pie.  All the pie. 

Food Aversions: No.

Gender:  Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Girl. 

Labor Signs: No.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Moody and tired....more than usual.  My back is also crazy sore.  I stretched out on the floor the other night and every single bone in my body cracked.  I need to stretch more. 

Belly Button In or Out? My navel looks like a planet from some far off galaxy.  I don't even know what's going on there...

What I Miss:  Picking up Madeline.  It's starting to get to the point where she can't really sit on my lap either.  Cuddling isn't as easy as it used to be. 

What I am Looking Forward to:  Making progress on the girls' room.  We're planning on doing some closet work this weekend, and hopefully we'll set up Madeline's new bed soon too! 

Upcoming Appointments/ Events:  I don't have another appointment for a couple of weeks. But...Hello, Third Trimester!  You are looking stunning in those high-waisted support hose!  

Current Food Comparison? A Chinese cabbage.    

Meanwhile, I'm the size of...


And this is what I looked like that last time I was 28 weeks pregnant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment