Wednesday, October 16, 2013

State of the Name

Finding a name is proving to be a real challenge this time around. I've looked through possibly all the names in the world, and while there's several I love, none have screamed, "Name your baby THIS!" yet.

Eric's opinion on my top choices varies between a straight-out no and a shoulder-shrugging, "meh."

Madeline has weighed in with useful suggestions such as Lamp, Rapunzel, and Toothbrush. My mother has offered up a few pretty Scandinavian names, and the secretary in one of the offices at work likes Sophia.  Today my students suggested Destiny, Serenity and Nevaeh.  Not that I mind the suggestions because I need new options. I'm pretty sure Lamp is out though.

Here's the current list of possible names:

Vivienne
Julia
Julie
Ivy
Jolie
Darcy
Lydia
Celia
Lily

One thing we are sure of is that her middle name will be Ann.  Whether it's Ann or Anne with an "e" is yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment