Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pregnancy Updates: 24 Weeks

How far along? 24 weeks 

Total weight gain/loss:  I underestimate myself and my capacity to gain ALL the weight.  15 lbs so far.  Ga-gunk.    

Maternity Clothes: Still mixing things, but more and more maternity items are sneaking their way into my...now limited...wardrobe.  

Sleep: I tossed and turned a lot this week.  Not sure if it's the weird dreams, school anxiety, or basic pregnancy-related uncomfortableness.  

Best Moments this Week:  Hearing baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office.  Cuddling with Madeline on the couch after school.  

Movement:  She's a little quieter this week than last, but girl can still pack a punch if she wants to.    

Food Cravings:  More cake...and chocolate.   

Food Aversions:  I was little blah about shrimp this week even though I usually like it.  

Gender:  A GIRL!  

Labor Signs:  No, sir.  

Pregnancy Symptoms:  So...so...tired.  I get winded at work easily cause, as I teacher, I talk a lot.  

Belly Button In or Out? Flat...but starting to pop a bit.   

What I Miss:  Having energy to spend on my family after work.  Last time I was pregnant I could nap, but that doesn't happen often with an active Maddie Bear who needs me.  

What I am Looking Forward to:  I'm enjoying being pregnant, but at the same time, I really want to fast-forward to December to meet my baby.  I think this feeling might have something to do with being back at work...

Upcoming Appointments/ Events:  Glucose screening something this week.  Yum.  Also, 24 weeks is when I lost baby Ellis, so it's a big milestone week for me.  24 weeks?  Check.  

Current Food Comparison?  An ear of corn.  

Meanwhile, I'm the size of...


God bless maxi dresses.  For a comparison of how things were cooking at 24 weeks with Madeline, click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment