Monday, September 9, 2013

Signs I May be Living with a Teenager

In just a few days, Madeline will turn three years old. Yet, I can't help feeling that within that skinny little kid with pigtails and bruised knees lurks a full-fledged teenager.

Here's why I'm suspicious:

When I tried to wake her up for school this morning, she moaned, "Leave me alone," before rolling over to go back to sleep.

M: Hey! I want a banana too!
Me: What do you say if you want something?
M: ...(pout)
Me: Can I get a 'please?'
M: ...(pout)
Me: Ok, I guess you don't want a banana.
M: (total sass mouth) I guess I DO want a banana.

She wants to put on makeup, wears my bra around the house, and stares at herself in the mirror.

She stays up later than her parents.

I nearly had a heart attack when she got behind the wheel of a Big Wheels Jeep and drove it into some brush over the weekend.

She threw a fit when I wouldn't let her wear a summer dress to her cousin's birthday because it was too short. That night, when we went in to check on her, she was wearing it over her pajamas.

Sometimes she cries when we take away the iPad.

Stop growing up so fast, Maddie Bear!







1 comment: