Monday, May 16, 2011

The Good and The Bad

The Good:

Due to a power outage in the building, we got released from work early today!  This was much better than leaving early due to a snow emergency because a.) it was a complete and total surprise! and b.) I didn't have to stress over driving home in a blizzard...in heels...because I'm usually too stupid to wear boots when it snows.  

Eric offered to pick up the baby at the regular time, so I had the afternoon free.  I had a delicious lunch, did the grocery shopping for the week, did some laundry, and made two batches of baby food.    

All in all, a successful day for the Momma Bear.  

The Bad:  

While I was busy having a pretty good day, Maddie Bear was having a no-good, very bad, terrible day.  They called me from daycare late in the afternoon to tell me that she had a slight fever.  

The poor girl looked MISerable this afternoon.  Imagine the saddest face you have ever seen.  Are you picturing it???  Now magnify that by a bagillion.  That's how sad she looked. I was getting teary eyed just watching her.  

Plus, she had an early intervention meeting scheduled at school today.  She usually likes her meetings because she basically just plays with toys for an hour, but from the looks of her the afternoon, she was not in the mood for putting on a pony show.  

The Good:  

When Maddie gets sick, all she wants to do is snuggle with me.  It makes me feel all squishy inside.    

The Bad:  

The poor girl's poops are rock. solid.  Ouch.  (Also, bad news?  I just shared that information with the entire Internets.  She'll thank me for that some day.  I also caught some epic grunting on video this afternoon....Haha, leverage!)  

The Good:  

Eric and I had a yummy dinner tonight!  He caught me a delicious bass.    

The Bad:  

If Maddie's still sick in the morning, one of us will have to stay home with her.  Usually that would be not so bad, but it will probably have to be Eric, which will make me jealous and sad, and make him frustrated.   

The Good:  

Even when she's miserable, Madeline still manages to smile for us.  We're so lucky to have been given the BEST baby in the entire universe.  


That's papaya on her chin, not boogies.  Just in case.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment