Monday, May 9, 2011

My Favorite People

My birthday/ Mother's Day weekend was pretty awesome because I got to see almost all of my favorite people.

First, Eric took me out to dinner on Friday night to celebrate the fact that I'm almost as old as he is now.  I ate the entire restaurant.  No lie.

We were home by 9:30, and I told Eric that the best birthday present would be for him to just let me sleep.  By ten, I was in dreamland.  That's how I know I am now officially old.  I celebrated my 30th birthday by sleeping!

He extended the present into Sunday morning by getting up with the Maddie Bear while I slept in....till 6.

On Saturday, I had a girl date with Amy.  This was awesome because I feel like I never have time for girl dates anymore.   We saw a ridiculously wonderful chick movie...I was so excited!  She brought me a birthday hat and a hostess cupcake to celebrate!  That way, everyone in the theater knew it was my birthday.  Pretty rad.  After the movie, we went out to eat.  I ate the entire restaurant.

THEN, even more awesomeness!  My good friend Sarah was back in town for the weekend, so she came over on Saturday night.  I told Eric to beat it, and because he's the best boyfriend in the world, he obliged and found a bar downtown to watch the Celtics game so that I could enjoy even more girl time.
(There's so much estrogen in my body right now that I think my ovaries are square dancing!)

Eric let me sleep in again on Sunday, and this time, I slept till 8:30.  Ama-zing!

My parents came over for a late breakfast to celebrate Mother's Day.  I cooked without any major disasters, which is reason enough to celebrate.  They also brought champagne, so we got to drink Mimosas!  Good. idea. parents!

 The rest of the day was spent cuddling with Madeline, taking a walk in the nice weather, and napping on the couch.

It was such a fantastic weekend, that if I close my eyes and try reallllll hard, I can almost forget that Mondays exist.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny!! I know, all I wanted for Mother's Day was sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your birthday/1st mother's day weekend. You deserve it! I don't mean to brag, but my weekend was pretty awesome too. :) Thanks for being part of it!

    ReplyDelete